The 2008 Wellingtonista Awards is a big success with Mr. Callum Brown the managing Director of Green Cabs hits the jackpot as Wellingtonista Wellingtonian of the year presented by Labour MP Grant Robertson.
It was a wonderful evening at the Mighty Mighty, I was there at around 7pm and Awards Ceremony started around 7:30pm and finished by 8:30pm. However, the party is not yet over . Check the video HERE
I’m proud that I belong to Newtown Communities because this year TAWA ,the best art experience went to the Luminous Sticker of Newtown. Other winners are:
- Best Wellington based event: World Of wearable Arts
- Best regular event: flims at the film archive
- Best live event: phoenix foundation at frank kitts park
- Best contribution to the Internet by wgtn’n: wellingon flickr group
- Best service: mckenZie bros @ Hawthorne lounge
- Best coffee: peoples coffee!
- Most needed thing in wellington: a 24 hour diner!
- Best art experience: the luminous stickers in newtown
- Best public space: waitangi park
- Best shop award: unity books (again)
- Best clothing retailer: ziggurat
- Best non-drinking destination: botanical gardens!
- Best suburban venue: maranui cafe, lyall bay
- Best place to shake your thang: mighty mighty
- Best cocktail: mega mai tai at the Matterhorn
- Best late night venue: mighty mighty!
- Best in-cheap eats goes to: floriditas!
Congrats to all the winners!!!