I always been fascinated in the process of making wine and when I thinking of wine.
The first come to my mind is the Wairarapa region which is still considered part of Wellington.
She discussed to me why Wairarapa, is one of the best region in the conference industry.
Hyde said the region’s charm, fine food and wine and diverse venues make it an ideal destination for corporate retreat or event.
“Our train service makes Wairarapa reachable in confort and with convenience. And there’s convenient travel from Auckland with the direct Air New Zealand link into Masterton”, Hyde equips.
She said Wairarapa’s diversity of activities and attractions offers plenty of choice for retreat and conference planners.
Among the gang she brought during the Wellington on Show last Thursday are :
You can check Tranzit Gourmet Escape tour options by calling 0800471227 or tranzit.co.nz
2. The Brackenridge Country Retreat and Spa,set on 14 acres of farmland and only minutes from Martinborough Wine Village.
According to Leeann O’Neill,the Conference Coordinator, the Brackenridge can provide everything needed from a meeting for six,to a product launch for 200.
3. Copthorne Hotel and Resort Solway Park. Set in a 24 acres of landscaped parklands.
The Solway Conference Centre provides the perfect venue for any size event from 2- 500 delegates.
4. The Olivo is the oldest commercial olive grove in the region.
I’m lucky enough to talked to Ms. Helen Meehan,the owner of Olivo estate and explained to me the innovative infused Olive oils and flavours they make such as Lemon, Orange, Smoked Chilli, Porcini, Fennel and Smoked Paprika.
5. Parehua Country Estate. Located in the international acclaimed boutique wine region of Martinborough.
The estate is perfect location for executive meetings,celebrations or strategic business camps.
6. For all beer lovers, check out the Tui Brewery Headquarter is 10 minutes south of Woodville,35 min east of Palmerston North and 45 min north of Masterton.
Tui HQ Manager Ms. Jo Hirst said the HQ are open 7 days a week for beer tasting and tour.
If you want to experience all of the why not make your tours with ZEST food tours of New Zealand.
ZEST helps conference-goers and partners explore the unique Martinborough Wine Village, Greytown and Wairarapa region in a very personal style, for groups small and large.
By the way, on March 20, 2010,a celebration of finest local wine and food – Harvest Festival.
From 11AM – 5PM spectacular Riverside setting with superb wines and fantastic local produce prepared by the region;s best Chefs.