One Sunday afternoon, my wife is preparing to make a Caramel Banana spring rolls or better known as Turon in the Philippines for kids Merienda or afternoon tea.
Turon is a popular street food in the Philippines and all time Filipino favorite dessert. This delicious and health dessert is so affordable and also easy to prepare.
Turon is made of thinly sliced bananas (preferably saba or Cardaba bananas) and a slice of jackfruit, dusted with brown sugar, rolled in a spring roll wrapper and fried.
Caramel Banana spring rolls
- 10 ripe burro banana or lady fingers, cut into quarters lengthwise.
- 1 can jackfruit, drained and then slice into thin strips (optional)
- spring roll wrappers from Asian grocery
- brown sugar, according to desired sweetness
- oil for frying
1. Peel fresh Saba bananas (lady fingers)and cut each banana into 2 slices.